Wednesday, February 18, 2009

20 Line Project Response


The 20 line project was certainly a way to test our creativity and our artistic ability. The project was difficult in the sense that you were limited to only using the computer to draw 20 separate lines, each continuous from endpoint to endpoint and the lines could not have any real life representation (such as using 20 lines to draw a house). And we knew that we had to draw our lines better than the other students made us work to be more creative and inventive. It was pretty neat how much you could do with a simple line just by changing its color, size, and conformation to make the line not traditional line. So overall, yes this exercise did in fact make me aware of all the choices that I had to employ to make my art better than the other students (even though, there were plenty of other 20 line projects with more unique lines). By making me comprehend all my options, I was able to enhance the meaning of mine and other artworks; for example, even simple lines can take on an overall form and develop a sense of emotion. I had created over 40 lines before I picked which lines would be suitable for my display. Most of my lines were small bright red, orange, and yellow jagged lines with a smear of blue and purple in the middle to soothe out the violent emotions that the bright lines had brought out.

No comments:

Post a Comment