Sunday, February 22, 2009

P.G.'s Sanitary Water Fountain (Scrapbook 5)


This is the overview of a water fountain in Prince George’s Residence Hall. I probably use Dorchester’s water fountain over seven times a day, occasionally to fill my 20 oz. water bottle. Like I said, this is a picture of P.G.’s fountain, not Dorch’s. I got thirsty while playing Frisbee Golf and decided to use this fountain. No, I did not have the camera with me at this time but I came back to take a picture of this wonderful, sanitary fountain. Now for all of you that have been in Dorch, and have been acquainted with its disdainful, unique smells, and the piles of garbage, and the bathrooms sinks clogged with who-knows what, you start to value clean and sanitary objects (especially when you get sick a lot from living in there). So, a clean water fountain I could drink out of was very pleasant- I did not have to look at anyone’s spit caught in the drain, or hair for that matter, nor did I see any food particles or Ramen Noodles stuck in it; there was no mold either. So in totality, the sanitary fountain provides me water, which helps me sustain homeostasis, which makes me happy, and I do not have to worry about getting sick when I drink from it. The fountain itself may be a plain fountain, and is definitely no work of art, but it is important to at least note that at least somewhere outside of Dorch, there is a clean fountain people can drink out of. If someone wants to argue that this water fountain is a work of art, they can by posting a comment. But this fountain has only one purpose- to provide water. It is not designed to entertain, it is not a sort of medium, it does not depict any hidden message, nor does it evoke any emotion; it is just a simple device.

No comments:

Post a Comment