Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blizzard of March 1-2, 2009 (Scrapbook 9)


Two weeks from Spring Break and we got a whole 10 inches of snow. This is St. Mary’s County too! I can hardly believe it. It was almost a new record low for the amount of snow we received in a given “winter” until today. So I spent today trying to build an igloo which only turned out to be a cruddy 4ft high fort (with a radius of 4ft from the center). I spent four or five hours on it before I had to go to dinner. But before that I took this picture; I haven’t seen a statue like this since I have been up to Rome, New York. Pretty cool if you ask me. How does the snow stick to the guy’s stomach anyways because that is an approximate 85 degree angle? Just lots of tough bonds between all the molecules I suppose.

google earth link

No comments:

Post a Comment