Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crazy Ducks (its snowing still) (Scrapbook 10)


Originally I took this picture not thinking much of it, but when I examined it today, I thought those ducks must be crazy. This water must have been close to freezing the day they were swimming in it because the next day it was frozen over. You always imagine all the ducks migrating south for the winter or at least flying away from storms because their instincts kick in. Well these ducks have been here all year long (well at least every day I have been on campus). So I tried to see why these ducks do not migrate. I assume that they probably don’t because they don’t need to. But personally, I would rather go where it is warm than stay in the cold even if I could survive through the cold conditions. I assume that these are ducks must be one of the following: American Black Duck, Gadwall, or a Mallard. I am not so sure though.

google earth link

No comments:

Post a Comment