Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dogwood Tree (scrapbook 19)




This is a picture of a dogwood tree in my neighbor’s yard. The tree drew my attention simply by its beauty. I know it’s dorky, but every time I see a dogwood tree I remember my deceased golden retriever. Let me sum up all my feelings for my dog by saying, my dog, Liberty, was the best dog anyone could ever have. Of course, other dog owners will beg to differ but the point still stands that every time I see a dogwood tree that I remember Liberty. Now, yes the tree is a dogwood tree and the word dog makes me think of dogs but really there is a different reason behind why I think of Liberty when I see a dogwood tree. The main reason is the fact that Liberty was buried under a dogwood tree. So in totality, this picture was not meant to capture the beauty of the tree as a work of art but as a memorial to my dog. I think the reason why I had such a connection with this dog was because I grew up with the dog since I was born. My parents got the dog as a puppy when they got married and well… I came a year and a half after the dog. In addition, the dog saved me from drowning when I was four by jumping in a pond after me and letting me grab on to it, and swim me back to shore. Almost a far fetch story but true.


No comments:

Post a Comment