Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The "Industrious Clock" (Artist 8)


When examining Yugo Nakamura work, I fist thought, “this website is just a clock; why use this “Industrious Clock” when I have my own clock on my computer that is just as accurate?” Then I noticed this clock, unlike my computer clock is embellished with art. This clock uses the internet as its medium and foregrounds a bunch of numbers into a pattern that we observe as a digital clock. However, each number is not foregrounded against some empty space, it’s foregrounded against what appears to be lined paper. In addition, the numbers looked hand written. In fact if you examine the numbers, you see that every time one changes, the page flips and someone draws the next number in the sequence. Like mentioned above, the “Industrious Clock” is just as accurate as the clock on my computer. I wonder what if I go to Germany and I visit the same website where you find this clock (http://yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html), will it read Germany’s time or Eastern United States’ time? This was one of Yugo earlier works. I came to find out, Yugo is actually a very talent digital designed. To see some really interesting stuff of his click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment