Monday, April 20, 2009

First Regatta (Scrapbook 15)


This was the first regatta that I have ever gone to. This is a picture of St. Mary’s varsity 4+ boat at Occoquan Regional Park, VA. Sadly, I did not get to race in it, mainly because I am on novice team (people who have rowed less than a year). However, it was an amazing experience to see all the training pay off for the team.
This picture drew my attention primarily because it was my first time viewing a regatta and so it will always be a memory to cherish; the picture is actually of Men’s Varsity 4+ sprints. There were so many people there and everything was hectic but that’s what makes it memorable. And like I just previously mentioned, it is fascinating to see how all those 6:00 a.m. practices and hour long erg workouts reflect our performance. This picture was not designed to be art, just to capture the essence of the race, the posture of the rowers (to critique), and to capture the overall moment. In the picture, the rowers are at the “finish” position at the starting point and each rower has correct posture. In this particular event, St. Mary’s got second place. I just have to hand it to the team and coaches on how well we did.


You can also find results here


No comments:

Post a Comment