Monday, April 20, 2009

Ponded! (Scrapbook 16)



This must have been one of the best “pond-ings” ever; the girl getting “ponded” is my brother’s girlfriend. For those who do not know what “ponding” is, “ponding” is a St. Mary’s tradition where you get thrown in St. John’s Pond on your birthday. However, my brother’s girlfriend’s birthday is on Easter and she would be up with her family that day. So what we decided to do was surprise her a couple days early. I don’t think I have ever seen someone get so much air and distance off of a throw before; she probably was thrown a good five or six feet out into the water, reaching heights of about five feet above the water before plummeting into the water and muck. It was even funnier that she, my brother, and I had crew practice in ten minutes and Allie who is a national ranked rower, coaches us novice members on some days, and on this day she was suppose to coach us. Thus, she was a little late to practice because she had to throw on some dryer clothes.
These pictures weren’t intended to be art, like most of the pictures I have scrapbooked, the pictures are meant to preserve time so that anyone can look back at the photos and savor the moment. And photos like these pictures deserve our attention so that we do not get too caught up in our studies and works to forget about all the good time we had.




No comments:

Post a Comment